Senior (Level III) Residential Lending Underwriter
Harbor Community Bank one of the fastest growing banks in Florida is seeking a Senior (Level III) Residential Lending Underwriter to join their team!
This position is responsible for performing a detailed review and credit analysis of residential loan applications submitted by originators to ensure the request meets Bank and Investor guidelines and regulatory and statutory requirements. This position requires extensive knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA and other applicable investor guidelines (including but not limited to FHA, VA, Rural Housing, SHIP and Bond Programs).
Required to have DE Underwriter status. SARS certification desired.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
The Senior Residential Lending Underwriter will be located in the Operations facility in Ft. Pierce, FL. This position is also structured to accommodate the employee from a remote location such as a branch facility or from their home office.
Essential duties include:
- Perform a detailed underwriting analysis for both credit and documentation deficiencies and determine the marketability of each loan. Analysis to include income and asset calculations, review of employment history/income streams, credit report review and eligibility of applicant based on credit scores, calculation and review of qualifying ratios (such as debt-to-income and loan-to-value) and character analysis of applicant(s).
- Ability to analyze income streams of self-employed borrowers and the more complex financial documentation packages that may accompany this type of request.
- Proficient in underwriting of conventional, government and Jumbo loans; ability to determine the marketability of each loan request.
- Efficiently utilize loan origination software and automated underwriting systems.
- Renders the final credit decision for loan requests within their credit authority and makes recommendations as to disposition of requests that exceed their authority. Must be able to speak to the strengths and weaknesses of each credit request and identify situations in which the Bank or the Bank’s investors may be assuming more than their tolerance for risk.
- Prepares Adverse Action notifications as appropriate on credit requests.
- Ensures that all Fair Lending criteria are closely adhered to during the underwriting process.
- Performs a comprehensive review of the appraisal obtained for the subject property. Ensures the characteristics of the collateral property meet Bank and/or Investor guidelines and USPAP standards.
- Adheres to Bank policies and procedures; ensures compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements; ensures investor guidelines are met on saleable credits including obtaining any investor specific documentation required.
- Manages a workload of between 38 and 48 active loan files monthly.
At Harbor Community Bank you will have the opportunity become a key contributor at a rapidly growing company. If you are interested in working at a fast-paced environment with a great team, we encourage you to apply!