Sr. Tax Manager
- Career Level
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for VSE/VOS’ worldwide GAAP tax provision (federal and foreign) and ASC 740 accounting, including footnotes, disclosures, permanent/temporary differences, discrete items, rate reconciliation, inventory of deferred assets/liabilities, taxes payable and deferred rollforwards/reconciliations, valuation allowances, tax rates, purchase accounting, return-to-provision adjustments, and tax journal entries.
- Responsible for the administration of tax compliance with respect to VSE/VOS’ non-U.S. operations, including various types of tax compliance, including direct and indirect, for various foreign jurisdictions.
- Responsible for all aspects of tax compliance with respect to VSE/VOS’ non-U.S. operations, including all tax payments (e.g. income, VAT, IVA, property, etc.), tax credits, tax rates, return-to-provision analysis, tax compliance memo, compliance checklists, monitoring worldwide tax compliance, SOX processes, and ensuring that all tax accounts in the financial statements are accurate.
- Responsible for tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures with respect to VSE/VOS’ non-U.S. operations, including monitoring the tax environment to ensure that the tax reserves are reasonable and lead any voluntary disclosures that may be required.
- Responsible for research and planning related to VSE/VOS’ various federal and international tax issues.
- Responsible for providing forecasts and guidance with respect to non-U.S. future effective tax rates and cash taxes.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax accounts/information is properly reflected in the financial statements with respect to VSE/VOS’ non-U.S. operations, including income taxes payable, VAT, IVA, deferred assets/liabilities, provision for income taxes (current and deferred provision), tax adjustments in the statement of cash flows and stockholders’ equity as well as coordination with the Company’s auditors.
- Responsible for all tax audits with respect to VSE/VOS’ non-U.S. operations and properly responding to all information document requests (IDRs). Also, responsible for reviewing all tax correspondence/inquiries received and responding thereto or routing to the appropriate party for disposition.
- Responsible for monitoring the tax environment and staying abreast of any changes in tax laws or the business that may impact the Company’s tax position or that may require mitigation (e.g. adjustments to reserves, disclosures, VDAs, etc.).
- Responsible for monitoring the control environment and ensuring that all SOX controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively while ensuring no deficiencies from a tax perspective.
- Responsible for assisting in preparing the worldwide tax footnote and related disclosures (and disclosure checklists) with respect to VSE/VOS’ inclusion in ILG’s publicly issued financial statements.
- Advises ILG’s VP and SVP of Tax and VSE’s CFO on the tax effects of business, internal programs/activities and other transactions. Communicates potential risks associated with same.
- Monitors Company adherence to transfer pricing requirements and applications.
- Assist the Company in comprehensive tax due diligence of potential target acquisitions and determine the tax provision impact of said acquisition, including purchase accounting and related entries.
- Acts as liaison with various in-country tax consultants/accountants.
- Assists in fulfilling all intercompany tax reporting requests.
- Assists in calculating, analyzing and monitoring all Section 453 Installment Method calculations and adjustments and ensuring that all related SOX processes are effective.
- Participates in new corporate initiatives to evaluate tax implications.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Tax/Accounting or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant.
- Must possess a minimum of 6-7 years public accounting experience (preferably Big 4) or 10-11 years industry (public company) experience in all aspects of income tax.
- Must possess strong technical knowledge of federal, state and local tax compliance with respect to corporations, partnerships and joint ventures as well as solid research skills.
- Must possess experience in preparing/reviewing publicly issued financial statements (10-K and 10-Qs) with respect to taxation.
- Must be self-directed and able to work on an independent basis.
- Must possess excellent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and leadership/supervisory skills and high-energy work ethic.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to changing business needs.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in international and partnership taxation a plus.
- Experience utilizing OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision, Thomson Checkpoint, Thomson Fixed Assets CS, BNA, Orbitax International, PeopleSoft, and Vertex software products a plus.