- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Performs all receptionist duties for CDL/Library location which includes hospitality for external visitors to CDL, customer service to both faculty and students to ensure support from the proper teams within CDL, and internal support to CDL faculty and staff. Performs organizational support for IDL6543 and ADL5000, faculty development programs, which includes correspondence, event setup/support, preparation of all materials, and scheduling volunteers for the event. Initiates work orders and follow up for the Library. Initiates purchasing requests as warranted. Provides secretarial support to both the Department Head and Associate Department Head as needed.
- Manages the front desk reception of the library and is the initial contact for Webcourse Support and Instructional Designers. Greet, assist, and provide hospitality needs for all visitors to CDL.
- Initiate and follow up on work orders for CDL Library operations and troubleshoots any issues that need to be addressed.
- Distribute and collect LAPERS and timesheets and ensue they are submitted on time.
- Initiate purchasing requests and maintain office supply inventory.
- Maintain literature resource rack and research articles that pertain to the unit’s mission.
- Perform duties for Department Head and Associate Department Head.
- Manage logistical tasks to set up, deliver and conclude IDL6543 which include organize and manage course documentation, schedule and coordinate faculty course meetings, event logistics, manage website and canvas course, and support for the instructional design team members.
- Manage logistical tasks to set up, deliver and conclude ADL5000 including facilitate credentialing procedures, correspondence with departments and ADL5000 participants, coordination with facilitators, mange course website and canvas course, and coordinate with other teams.
- Coordinate Faculty Seminars for Online Teach. Manage flyers, invitations and registration for sessions, and schedule meetings.
- Manage portions of BlendKit course by grading assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. If minimum requirements of the position do not require post high school education, an applicant is not required to provide the information on the application.
Additional Minimum Requirements Preferences
Previous experience with faculty development programs and having to work under deadlines.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
This position does not require college credits. If the selected applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an official transcript from the accredited institution must be provided within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:http://eeo.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
FTE 1.0-Full-Time Requisition Number 009134 Job Open Date 08/11/2017 Job Close Date 08/17/2017 Open Until Filled No Division Academic Affairs College/Area Information Technologies and Resources (ITR) Department ITR - Center for Distributed Learning Annual Salary $25,375.00 Type of Appointment for Staff Regular If temporary, time limited, emergency, or multi -year contract, please specify timeframe Job Category Staff Additional Application Materials Required
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Work Location Orlando (Main)