LPN/RN - Triage GYN Nurse
Women's Care Florida has earned a reputation for quality women's healthcare in West Central Florida. We pride ourselves on being the leader in women's healthcare by employing dedicated and caring individuals that promote our philosophy and success of Exceptional Women's Care for Every Patient, Every Time.
We have 70 locations throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Lake, Seminole, and Orange counties with plans for future growth. Currently, we are seeking an experienced Triage Nurse with GYN experience preferred to join our dynamic team at our Women's Centre for Excellence in Orlando.
Provides professional clinical care for patients following established standards and practices. Extensive OB/GYN triage via telephone. Refers matters outside their scope of duties to the provider, Clinical Coordinator or Division Administrator.
- Perform extensive triage of OB/GYN patients via phone; call patients with test results.
- Perform fetal non-stress test (NST).
- Prepare patients for examination and assists physician during treatment/procedures, examinations and testing of patients.
- Record patients' medical history, health maintenance, and chief complaint.
- Measure, record and document vital signs.
- Where applicable, perform phlebotomy, injections and other specimen collection per established policies and procedures as directed by the provider.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a provider.
- Authorize drug refills as directed.
- Educate patients by providing information and instructions as directed by the provider; answering questions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Sterilize medical instruments per established standards and procedures.
- Represent office in a professional manner. Treat all customers, internal and external, in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Participate in team activities and professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse
- Minimum of three years previous OB/GYN experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain BLS/CPR certification.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers, provider and patients in an effective manner.
- Ability to use a computer and enter data in electronic medical record system.
- eCW electronic medical records experience helpful
Must possess the ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of internal personnel, providers, personnel of outside organizations, and patients and their family members. Must possess good organizational skills, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and be able to work effectively with all levels of aforementioned groups.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing, walking, reaching and sitting. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.