Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Group Exercise Instructor
At the YMCA of Central Florida our Group Exercise Instructors lead engaging group classes and provide a high level of customer service and quality to our members. Our Osceola County YMCA Family Center in Kissimmee is searching for a dynamic and experienced Group Exercise Instructor to lead group sessions. The ideal incumbent should have certifications in various disciplines.
This individual must have high energy, great with cultivating member relations, and technically sound to grow class participation and member engagement. S/he must be a strong communicator and motivator. Individuals should have flexible availability to work part-time hours; during peak times of business.
The YMCA of Central Florida will provide you with career opportunities and personal growth. Group Exercise Instructors receive a competitive rate while facilitating classes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- 2 years’ experience choreographing and leading specialty group exercise classes strongly preferred.
- Current nationally recognized certifications in Group Exercise; in area of specialization required. Primary ACE or AFAA certification required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees; household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.