At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Housekeeping/Custodial Training Manager partners with Operations Training, Labor, local leaders and other partners in identifying needs and providing effective job-specific training to enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the Cast Members in the Housekeeping and Custodial areas.
This is a hands-on position requiring active and consistent presence in the operation working alongside Housekeepers and leadership. This position will report to the local Housekeeping Director.
- Support on-boarding process, on-going training, cyclical cleaning efforts and updates to curriculum to ensure training is delivered in an effective and consistent manner
- Exhibit operational expertise, in partnership with local housekeeping and custodial leaders, by assessing Cast Members performance of functional tasks and demonstrating proper techniques
- Ensure the alignment of training hours to individual housekeeper needs
- Partner and communicate with training experts to lead training efforts in a high quality and timely mannerEvaluate and update on the job training and continuous learning to ensure that training objectives are being met
- Propose training solutions and implement and sustain the overall Housekeeping operations training strategy
- Serve as a partner to line of business contacts to ensure operating guides and procedures are updated appropriately
What We’re Looking for:
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in Housekeeping or Custodial areas
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and communication skills
- Successful use of metrics to tell the story
- Proven strong partnering skills with the ability to develop and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated ability to build and motivate high-performing teams
- Ability to gather and use relevant facts to influence decision-making
- Exhibited ability to identify, evaluate and improve processes to deliver excellent guest service and improve the cast experience.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a trusted advisor for direct reports, peers, partners and other leaders
- Demonstrated the ability to develop, inspire and coach Cast Members
- Ability to serve as a leader and thrive in a rapidly changing environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to conduct organizational analysis and build strategic business plans
- Able to lift 17 pounds and push/pull up to 85 pounds
- Able to bend, flex and walk for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of chemicals, materials, cleaning technique and equipment
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- High school degree or equivalent
- Operating a company vehicle along with a valid US driver's license is a requirement for this role
How to Stand Out:
- Previous Housekeeping or Custodial Training Manager experience
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- ©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.