Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Vice President of Accounting
The YMCA of Central Florida is looking for a dynamic and experienced leader as our Vice President of Accounting. This individual must be a results oriented team player who is able to pivot between overall business perspectives and hands-on management. They will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and have a broad set of critical and complex responsibilities with direct access as a member of the corporate executive team, and the ability to have enterprise-wide and community impact.
The ideal candidate is career-minded with strong technical skills in accounting practices, has proven related successes in a senior management role, solid supervisory experience directly overseeing an accounting department, possess superior interpersonal skills, and is seeking to build in their career and grow within our fast-paced and relationship-driven organization.
The incumbent will have direct responsibility for oversight of all facets of the Accounting department, including but not limited to: payroll, corporate accounting, preparation of financial reports, taxation compliance and strategy, investment and construction accounting, and all functions related to accounts payable and accounts receivable. S/he must ensure the department is running according to company and GAAP standards, including protecting the safety and confidentiality of all financial information.
The Y is enjoying tremendous growth and considered a recognized leader within the YMCA national movement; with an annual operating budget growing to over $70 million. Be part of something BIGGER at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Business or Accounting degree required; a master’s degree in business administration or accounting highly preferred.
- Active CPA and minimum 3 years of public accounting experience required.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial accounting and payroll management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, vendors and all levels of staff.
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization a plus.
- Passion for the YMCA of Central Florida’s mission.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.