Senior. Net Software Developer
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Senior Software Developer’s role is to design, develop, and maintain Web/Mobile/Legacy Desktop & Console applications. As a Senior Software Developer you will provide your expertise to our growing team in terms of designing systems and applications that span the stack using multiple technologies, writing clean and professional code, providing enlightening peer code-reviews, improving our dev-ops practices, and enhancing and adhering to coding standards.
You already have many years of experience developing in C# and enjoy the challenge of digging into a variety of codebases and technologies to understand how they work while providing robust and maintainable solutions to business problems across the stack. You enjoy the challenge of helping an organization move towards an enterprise mentality in terms of robust solutions, not red tape. You have designed systems that work with disparate datasources and multiple front-ends that are extendable and performant. You thrive in environments where you have the opportunity to learn new business processes, question legacy choices while providing thoughtful alternative solutions, and help to establish best practices. In all projects you enjoy working with the users and the development team to establish requirements as well as quickly mocking up and iterating on solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design moderately complex solutions that may include Xamarin / Angular / ASP / WordPress, C# APIs, SQL, SSIS, and SSRS
- Provide technical expertise in reviewing requirements and translating to user stories and development tasks
- Support existing applications with escalated support, bug fixes, and new features
- Write and maintain unit tests as part of the regular course of development
- Ability to reverse-engineer legacy code at times improving performance through newer and more efficient techniques and approaches
- Solve or recommend solutions for complex issues and problems
- Assist in the requirement gathering and development of appropriate mockups and workflows
- Document designs, issues, solutions, and tips & tricks
- Foster a team approach to software development and delivery
- Stay current in new technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise
- 5+ years working with C#
- 3-5 years developing MVC applications and APIs
- Excellent analysis and problem solving abilities
- Experience performing root cause analysis to find errors as well as making revisions
- Superior planning, organization, and work management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience working with remote resources
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and align to our business goals
- Experience with Agile development processes, continuous integration, and version control systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Similar
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing with Angular
- Implemented multiple enterprise level Xamarin mobile apps available for download
- Experience with WordPress and plugin development
- Code Reviews through BitBucket
- Experience with JIRA / GIT
- Best Practice development
C#, Xamarin Forms, Angular, Entity Framework, SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), SQLite, CouchDB, JIRA, Agile, Source Control, ETL, Query Optimization, Application Design, API Design, Initiative, Best Practices and Procedure Development, Working with Legacy Code, Goal Oriented, Continuous Improvement
We offer a great starting salary, and great benefits to include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401k, company paid life and short/long term disability, paid vacation, other voluntary benefits and a reduced cost gym membership.
About Club Assist:
Club Assist partners with trusted motoring organizations worldwide, improving member experiences through the provision of automotive battery supply and roadside replacement, automotive glass repair and replacement, and other member services.
We are the largest mobile automotive battery retailer in the world, and we’re committed to the pursuit of service excellence for more than 60 automotive club partners across the globe.