Universal Orlando Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether youre serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you wont just be doing a job. Youll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Apply Now at Universal Orlandos Health Services!
PARAMEDIC: Under the direction of the supervisor, the paramedic will provide initial medical care for UO employees and guests and complete required paperwork. The paramedic will work within protocols as determined by the medical director.
Essential Duties Include:
- Strictly adheres to and actively promotes all Health Services policies and procedures and Standing Orders while performing duties.
- Examines and treats all Universal Orlando guests and employee injuries and illness according to company protocols and using sound paramedic judgment.
- Provides timely documentation for each team member and guest completely, legibly and accurately; documenting the appropriate assessment and treatments; documenting on the appropriate paperwork and electronic files. Provides copies and files documents as required.
- Authorizes treatment for team members to receive outside medical care. Notifies supervisors off all team members and guests sent off property for further treatment.
- Completes shift responsibilities to include, opening and closing checklists, restocking supplies at bases, airway bags and shared department packs and equipment. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment
- Maintains professional appearance and actions at all times. Presents in uniform as outlined by UO policy and department uniform standards and Team Member handbook
- Remains current on all department and UO changes or directives, reviews Health Service homepage daily, department communication boards and asks supervisor clarifying questions.
- Participates in staff meeting, in-service programs and program development activities as required or requested.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
Positions in Health Services require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Walking for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk)
- Ability to lift and or move 25 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise
- Ability to maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours
- Will require a valid Florida state drivers license
- 1-2 years experience
- Obtain the following- FL Paramedic Certification, Basic Life Support, and Advance Cardiac Life Support
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2017 Universal Studios. 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE