Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Camp Programs Coordinators
(Land Activities Coordinator & Teambuilding/Ropes Course Coordinator)
Position is Seasonal through Mid-August; Includes Overnight Room and Board
Since 1948, Camp Wewa located in Apopka, Florida has been building lives in Central Florida and enriching the communities we serve. The traditions of Wewa have been shared by thousands of alumni, including many of Central Florida’s community leaders. The 60 acre residential camp enjoys a rich history and innovation of unique adventure and exploration that form the foundation of an incredible camp environment where fun and education go hand-in-hand.
At the YMCA of Central Florida, you’ll discover unlimited opportunities — enjoy a job with a future to grow and you’ll be empowered to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. The incumbent(s) will be a contributing member of an Administrative Coordinator team to execute a safe, YMCA core value based, and quality camp program for all campers and counselor staff who participate throughout the summer camp programs.
- Assist with creating all program curriculum, staff training, and any other program materials in preparation for beginning of camp season
- Coordinate all logistics for scheduled program time for resident and day campers
- Assist and support all activity specialists and camper participants as needed for success of program operations; including training and daily observations
- Point person for all activity supplies, equipment and checklists
- Provide support for any behavioral or group dynamic challenges within program areas
- Contact/communicate to parents as needed with approval of Camp Directors
- Participate in daily camp operations, activities, supervision and procedures as needed
- Will reside on camp property for the duration of summer camp programs
- Will take lead on planning, scheduling and executing one full weekend camp program
- All other duties assigned by Management
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Certifications and/or experience in one or more of the following areas required; Archery, Riflery, Ecology, Outdoor Skills, Arts, Drama, Team Sports, Teambuilding, and Ropes Courses (ACCT Level 2)
- Leadership experience required; 3+ years in an organized camp setting preferred
- Individual should possess or be pursuing degree in Recreation, Hospitality, Tourism or relevant field
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required
The YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- A competitive pay structure that includes; Hourly, Weekly and Daily rates.
- Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career path at the Y. As one of the leading YMCA Associations in the country, there are many opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.