Camp Programs Specialists - One or more of the following areas: (Target Sports Specialist – Land Activities, Team-Building, Archery/Riflery, Outdoor Programs Specialist – Ecology/Camping/Nature, Arts Specialist – Arts & Crafts/Drama/Newspaper, Team Sports Specialist, Team-building/Ropes Course Specialist)
Position is Seasonal through Mid-August; Includes Overnight Room and Board
Since 1948, Camp Wewa located in Apopka, Florida has been building lives in Central Florida and enriching the communities we serve. The traditions of Wewa have been shared by thousands of alumni, including many of Central Florida’s community leaders. The 60 acre residential camp enjoys a rich history and innovation of unique adventure and exploration that form the foundation of an incredible camp environment where fun and education go hand-in-hand.
At the YMCA of Central Florida, you’ll discover unlimited opportunities — enjoy a job with a future to grow and you’ll be empowered to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. The incumbent(s) will champion a specific program area during summer camp program periods which includes preparing and teaching program specific curriculum and skills. Be a contributing member of a counselor team who provides safe, YMCA core value based, and quality camp program and supervision.
- Assist with preparing program curriculum and teaching of respective skills
- Track camper skill progressions and all aspects of the program areas including; daily checklists, inventory, storage and upkeep of equipment
- Teach in respective areas during program periods and join cabin groups during all other programming during camp day
- Participate in daily camp operations, activities, supervision and procedures as needed
- Will reside on camp property and provide overnight supervision in cabins for the duration of summer camp programs
- Will be required to work at least one full weekend camp program
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Certifications and/or experience in one or more of the following areas required; Archery, Riflery, Ecology, Outdoor Skills, Arts, Drama, Team Sports, Teambuilding, and Ropes Courses (ACCT Level 1)
- 1+ years in an organized camp setting required
- Must have completed at least one year of college
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required
The YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- A competitive pay structure that includes; Hourly, Weekly and Daily rates.
- Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career path at the Y. As one of the leading YMCA Associations in the country, there are many opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.