Online Faculty – General Education, Speech Course
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Online Faculty are industry professionals, developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. Online faculty are expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grow in a holistic manner. This is a part-time or full-time, on-site position based in Orlando, FL, working from local offices in support of The Los Angeles Film School.
Seeking Online Faculty to develop curriculum, teach, and support students in The Art of Oration. In this General Education course, students develop skills in framing and articulating ideas through formal and informal speeches of varying length and audience. Throughout the course, strategies for impromptu speaking, formulating persuasive arguments, refining clarity of thought, and enhancing confidence in oral self-expression are learned. Students prepare and deliver presentations, plan for an effective introduction and inclusion of data, and combine expressive ideas with the strategic use of visual and verbal vocabularies.
- Serve as instructor for assigned courses (course assignments may vary based on instructor credentials and course coverage needs)
- Ensure successful student attainment of learning outcomes
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Conduct online sessions
- Conduct weekly virtual online office hours for student support
- Develop and/or revise curriculum according to departmental style standards
- Maintain accurate academic records, including grades, attendance, and student communications
- Utilize student feedback to continuously improve course instruction and make curriculum recommendations
- Proficiency with industry standard software and hardware
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office, Apple, and Windows software environments
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Theatre, or a closely related field
- Preferred two years online teaching experience
- Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Apply for Online Faculty – General Education, Speech Course
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly