Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center, Ocala, FL (Marion County)
Seasonal (Typically: Through mid-August)
This summer do you want a job with the potential to grow? Do you want to be an integral member of team where you'll make long lasting relationships with peers, all while positively impacting the lives of children in a fun, safe, and mission driven YMCA environment? Do you want to be part of a cause driven organization that is committed to youth development? At the YMCA of Central Florida we are seeking energetic and dependable youth leaders for our seasonal Camp Counselor positions.
· Take responsibility for the leadership and guidance of a group of participants.
- Acquaint children with rules, activities, daily scheduled, and traditions of the program.
- Take responsibility for the safety/welfare of each child.
- Remain in the immediate area assisting in supervision during all aquatic activities.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and implementing activity plans for special interest activities.
- Assist with assuring proper sign in/sign out procedures are followed.
- Establish positive relationship with each child.
- Communicate progress of child to parents.
- Monitor the needs of all children; treats each child with respect, dignity and as an individual.
- Report any suspicions of child abuse to Supervisor as required by Florida State Law.
- Take responsibility for all equipment and supplies used, helping maintain good working conditions, inventory and cleans-up after all activities.
- May provide direction to Junior Camp Counselors or Counselors In Training.
- Assist in meeting and maintaining YMCA Day Camp Standards.
- Report all accidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions when scheduled.
- Report broken equipment and/or possible safety hazards.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of entire facility.
- Participate in member retention, special events and fundraising.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Education, Training and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months child care or related experience required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.