Accounting Manager - Hotel Resort
Paramount Hospitality Management (PHM), a dynamic, growth-oriented hotel management company is currently seeking an Accounting Manager. PHM is a successful full-service management organization for hotels, resorts, condo-hotels, vacation ownership and a combination of mixed-use.
The Accounting Manager will be based at our Avanti International Resort property and will be responsible for the financial reporting, integrity and operational controls at the property while maintaining an open line of communication to the Corporate Controller & General Manager.
1. Verify the integrity of the general ledger for month end closing(s).
2. Assist in preparation and submittal of sales and occupancy tax returns.
3. Assist in the process of reconciling and / or review all entity bank accounts (i.e., payroll, operating and escrow accounts).
4. Participate and /or ensure the integrity of inventories/current assets.
5. Maintain a record retention program in the property.
6. Ensure monthly cash counts of general cashier and house banks at the property.
7. Ensure the daily supervision and operation of accounting office is efficient, and effective at the property.
8. Ensure the integrity of the property systems is updated and that they are computing credible financial information.
9. Ensure that the daily flash report is published daily by the designated time, while verifying the integrity of its financial information.
10. To ensure the property operate in compliance with GAAP and all local, State and Federal and Government regulations.
11. Assist as required to ensure that the property conducts a weekly accounts receivable meeting inclusive of the proper departmental managers’ to ensure proper controls are in place.
12. Attend as required in weekly aging meeting to ensure that each resort maintains a 95% current status of their receivables.
- The ability to work twice a month to conduct late-night or early morning inventory at the property -
- College degree preferable Financial Major
- Must possess minimum 1-2 years hotel accounting experience
- Proficient with computer skills (word, excel etc..)
- Must analyze all financial performances by department to identify potential financial issues and controls.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven leadership skills, computer literate and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.