Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the 21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the School/College of the Year by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail University is home to more than 17,000 students from all 50 U.S. states and 73 countries. Full Sail offers 44 Master, Bachelor, and Associate campus and online degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR, Emmy, GRAMMY, ADDY, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects. Thank you for your interest and time.
-- Full Sail University is an equal-opportunity employer.Visit Our Website | Careers
Lab Specialist - GDN1151 - Design Tools
In the Design Tools course, students will gain exposure to the tools used by game designers in the industry. Students will learn the structure of game-industry teams and how different tools are used in team environments. Students will also learn how to create game design documentation, simulate using spreadsheets, brainstorm effectively, and present ideas in a group setting. The intent of the course is to provide a solid foundation of the basic tools that game designers use.. Lab Specialists may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Facilitate labs for campus courses and hold scheduled virtual meetings for online courses.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience or hold a Bachelors degree in degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to evaluate game designs for potential dynamics, aesthetics, and issues before they are in testable form
- Experience with writing and evaluating concise rules
- Knowledge of a wide variety of analog games to draw relevant examples, lessons, and comparisons
- Ability to critique the design process
- Understand the different techniques of game balance
- Experience with diagramming software (e.g. Microsoft Visio, Google Drawings) and image manipulation software
- Teaching experience both online and on campus
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.