Membership Coordinator, Part-time
Are you able to provide outstanding customer service and promote a personalized member engagement experience? Are you effective in achieving sales goals and motivating a team? Are you ready for the next step in your career with one of the most progressive and innovative non-profit organizations in Central Florida?
The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a dynamic part-time Membership Coordinator at our bustling Downtown YMCA Family Center. Under the direction and supervision of the Membership Director(s), s/he will be responsible for leading tours to perspective members, and helping to ensure membership revenue goals are met by daily, weekly, monthly, and annual targets. This individual will utilize our electronic system for entering various data such as memberships, involvements, and program enrollments. S/he must have excellent professional verbal and written communication skills as well as be able to multi-task by engaging with individuals at the front desk, and answer the telephone in a prompt and courtesy manner. This individual will assist the Membership Director(s) with scheduling staff, reporting duties, and perform audits as needed. S/he will ensure the security of the Association by enforcing policy regarding visitors access and maintains the visitor's log.
This individual will promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida. S/he must be available to work a flexible schedule during peak business hours that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Critical availability includes: Closing shifts week days and weekend afternoons.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in membership or customer service related field required.
- YMCA membership, sales or operations experience strongly preferred.
- Previous professional staff management experience preferred.
- Previous successful experience performing telemarketing and/or call center duties preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle, Acromobile/Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Complementary YMCA membership for employee and discounted rate for eligible household members; with access to all Association locations.
- Career advancement & enrichment opportunities with one of the largest and most progressive YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.