Learning Manager; CPA Profession
The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) seeks exceptional candidates in the Orlando, FL area for the position of Learning Manager. Incumbent will manage a broad suite of learning products and services for CPAs and related professionals working in business and industry and support our mission of fostering CPA professional excellence. Our learning programs consist of 125+ seminars, 13+ conferences, 2 trade shows, 50+webcasts, and on-demand programs, 25+ contract training programs, and custom-designed blended programs.
From managing a robust learning portfolio to developing new, needs-based products, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your grasp of business and professional learning in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
The ideal candidate will manage activities and processes for learning needs identification, curriculum design, program design, subject matter expert recruitment, relationship management, coaching, and learning delivery-channel selection. This is a management position responsible for working with staff, advisory groups, and subject matter experts (SMEs) on the planning, execution and development of profitable, high-quality professional development and learning activities that participants, members, and companies value and support.
The successful professional will join a reorganized learning department focused on providing innovative learning programs that drive greater value to a diverse community of CPAs and accounting professionals.
- Certified Public Accountant (Active/Inactive Considered);
- Candidates with significant industry management accounting experience, but without CPA designation will be considered;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent educational experience;
- Experience presenting to individuals of varying levels of competency;
- Ability to analyze and understand complex and diverse segments and proactively design responses to meet market demands;
- Superior organizational and communication skills (oral and written) are required. Must be able to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of people, lead one-one-one and small group discussions, and drive difficult conversations to successful outcomes. Must communicate and manage effectively in an environment experiencing constant disruption to fundamental business models;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, track deadlines & milestones and communicate status while also being attentive to details;
- Commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Knowledge and experience in g-suite products, and general knowledge of customer database applications;
- Available for mostly in-state travel, some evenings and some weekends;
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment; maintaining a professional presence and representing FICPA at learning events.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Three, or more, years of experience in working with Subject Matter Experts/stakeholders to define desired outcomes, identify solution requirements and constraints, and develop and deliver solutions to address identified needs;
- Three, or more, years of experience communicating technical information in formats and methods that facilitate understanding of the requirements of its application to their situations;
- Demonstrated progressively more responsibilities for supervising and developing talent using learning tools and resources.
Benefits: The FICPA is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. Benefits package includes:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
The FICPA is a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. Final applicants will be required to successfully pass pre-employment skills testing and a background investigation consisting of criminal history, employment, education, personal and professional references, as well as a drug and alcohol screening.