Laundry Services Attendant
Universal Orlando Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether youre serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you wont just be doing a job. Youll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
LAUNDRY SERVICES ATTENDANT: Team Member will be responsible for the Laundry Services Facility. To include using a computerized inventory system, commercial laundry equipment. Team Member will quality check each garment as it is finished with its cleaning process. Team Members will scan all items in and out of Laundry Services to ensure proper location identification. Team Member will be required to operate various laundry machines to include leg press, double buck press, sleeve/cuff press, hat press, industrial iron, steam tunnel, up to 140 pound capacity washing machines, computerized conveyor.
Essential Duties Include:
- Wash, dry and press incoming dirty laundry from the day to day operations. Operates machinery such as washing equipment, RFID scanning equipment, washing machines, dryers, presses, automatied conveyor system, Uniform Laundry software and iron/steam equipment.
- Fold and/or hang each garment to be ready for guest use.
- Scans, quality checks clothes after being washed from Laundry Services. Sorts items to the appropriate conveyor slot.
- Operates a computerized garment tracking system daily.
- Clean dryer filters, washer filters, presses, steem filters, sweep, dust, empty trash at end of shift.
Positions in Laundry Services Attendant consistently require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push or move between 50 and 110 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions (select positions)
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Walking for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk)
- Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise
- Use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Reach, pull, push with hands and arms above and below head
- Repeating motions more than twice per minute
- Repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner
- Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Close vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Climb Stairs/Ladders
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE