Construction Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering or Construction Management or closely related field.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in construction project management.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Highly skilled and respected relationship builder and manager with a reputation for transparent, trustworthy, and clear communication of even the toughest messages with grace, and the ability to effectively manage strong personalities.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly and accurately read ambiguous circumstances, interpret limited information, understand impactful business challenges, and respond as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Excellent positive listening, oral, and written communication skills, along with presentation skills including the ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and experience in horizontal and vertical construction including site work, roadway, utilities, heavy civil construction, bridges, and commercial building construction.
- Clear depth of knowledge in building trades and processes, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
Perform functions to manage the capital and maintenance construction projects under contracts issued by the District to represent the best interests of the District throughout all phases to close-out. Work is performed under the general direction of the Construction Manager and requires the use and exercise of independent judgement.
- Manages and coordinates construction and maintenance projects from procurement to close-out while working with the project teams throughout the duration of the project in order to meet the project schedule and budget.
- Complete constructability reviews of construction documents including plans and specifications.
- In cooperation with the District’s Construction Manager, manage material and services procurement strategies, negotiations, construction administration and project close-out activities to represent the interests of the District in the development and implementation of capital and maintenance construction projects.
- Maintain business relationships with trusted contractors and consultants that provide construction management, engineering, inspection, and construction material testing services.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that proper permits are in place and that work is performed in compliance with permitted requirements and contractual terms.
- Monitor all elements of construction through each phase and ensure that projects are proceeding on time, on budget and in compliance with contractual terms.
- Establish specific timelines and schedules for construction and maintenance projects in compliance with contractual arrangements and lead meetings with project managers and consultants to exchange information, identify and resolve potential issues that may impede project progress.
- Identify, mitigate and resolve disputes between landowners and contractors regarding any design, building or performance matters to ensure that contract covenants are fulfilled to expectation.
- Create and distribute reports relating to project progress to ensure that all stakeholders are continuously informed as to the status of ongoing projects.
Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver's license and maintain eligibility under the District's commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
PAY: Wage ranges between $68,796 and $91,728 per year. Position is eligible for FRS retirement, robust health insurance coverage and additional perks.