- High School diploma and on the job training.
- Standard Inspector and Plans Review License
- Five years of experience as a Building Inspector or related position.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
Perform duties to ensure new and existing structures meet the established EPCOT Building Code, and state laws and regulations, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Inspect structures during all phases of construction to determine their structural soundness and compliance with EPCOT building codes and other applicable laws and regulations. Report any building violations.
- Inspect accessibility requirements for building, plumbing and electrical elements on various projects.
- Verify all administrative requirements related to permitting, licensing, site requirements and general scheduling are in compliance with code and District requirements.
- Provide code interpretation and customer service to contractors. Resolve compliance issues which may arise during construction phases.
- Participate in Annual Emergency Power Tests as assigned. Conduct visual inspections of properties during Annual Power Test. Identify any major issues that may present safety hazards.
- Provide reports and maintain records of inspections.
- Attend all training and continuing education courses as required.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver's license and maintain eligibility under the District's commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses are available for review.
PAY: Wage ranges between $51,324 and $68,432 per year.
Position is eligible for FRS retirement, robust health insurance coverage and additional perks. Employees who participate in annual emergency power tests may earn up to $500 per test.