Job - Software Developer
Department - IMT Development
Location - Winter Park, FL
Software Developer in the IMT department supporting development, maintenance, and troubleshooting for internal applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Developer position is responsible for development of application flow, business logic and data access across assigned applications for Full Sail University. The developer will work in a team environment creating and maintaining source code for enterprise applications primarily written in Java and work with team leaders in troubleshooting issues. Developers may be assigned to support one or more applications across the enterprise. Developers are also responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle including unit testing and the creation and maintenance of documentation relating to applications and/or tools they maintain.
Full Sail is a cross platform environment supporting Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- 5 or more years experience using Java, C#, or another object-oriented programming language.
- 5 or more years experience using SQL.
- 1 or more years experience using Linux OS.
- 1 or more years experience writing and deploying applications in the cloud.
Experience in the following is a plus
- Web and mobile application development.
- Issue tracking
- Apex and Salesforce
- Understand and lead use of enterprise integration paterns
- Understand and lead use of unit testing framework (JUnit)
- Understand and lead use of application frameworks (Spring)
- Understand and lead use of web services and microservices
- Understand client/server archictecture.
- Understand asyncronous message oriented communication
- Understand process documentation
- Understand software lifecycle methodology
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Hours 8:30am to 5:30pm - Some overtime during important projects.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Desire to learn and help others
- Motivated self starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Methodical, consistent and patient approach to troubleshooting.
- Participatory approach to team work.
- Active participation in waterfall and agile development processes
- Assist less experienced developers with technical and design challenges
- Ability to help prioritize and juggle many small and important projects.
Education and/or Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience in a related field
- Experience with Linux, Mac OS, and Windows
Environmental Factory/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.