Family Service Representative – Disney Learning Center, YMCA of Central Florida
Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
The Learning Center is looking for a Family Service Representative to make families feel welcome and to ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience at The Learning Center.
What is the role of a Family Service Representative?
The Family Service Representative responsibilities include greeting families as they arrive, multi-tasking in a high-volume environment, building rapports with families, and troubleshooting family concerns as they arise. This position will offer stellar customer service and will provide memorable experiences for families.
The incumbent will have previous administrative and customer service experience and a familiarity with child care facility operations. The ideal candidates have a flair for customer service and the ability to manage time while performing at the highest standards and professional manner. Ultimately, the incumbent will help to ensure that families are satisfied.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with families on a day-to-day basis in a courteous and professional manner through open and interactive communication
- Understand The Learning’s centers program and other offerings in order to promote the product and to educate the families
- Maintain a neat and tidy reception area
- Identify and assess family’s needs to achieve the highest level of satisfaction
- Consistently monitor e-mail to ensure that communication received is effectively communicated with administrative staff
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls on a multi-line, high-volume phone in a friendly, polite, and proper phone etiquette manner
- Maintain compliance for child files including, Immunization Forms, Food Forms, and Flu Forms.
- Process payments received from parents (credit card, check, or cash)
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed, by the Family Service Specialist or Family Relationship Manager
- High School Degree, or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a receptionist or related role is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with EZCare2 system is a plus
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Comfortable working in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule that meets business needs which may include:
- Some Holidays
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- EXCLUSIVE for eligible YMCA at Walt Disney World employees: Main Entrance pass that gives access to employee to any Walt Disney World Orlando Theme Park
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee, and discounted household rate.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.