Co-Teachers / Youth Mentors / Child Development - YMCA Before & After Elementary School Programs
The YMCA of Central Florida operates a unique Before and After Elementary School Program with multiple locations throughout Orange County. We have immediate needs throughout Orlando; including Hunters Creek, Lake Nona and Windermere.
Seeking energetic and dedicated Co-Teachers to implement our award winning program that offers curriculum focused on providing academic support, homework help, health and wellness, enrichment and youth mentorship in a safe and nurturing environment during out of school hours.
Individuals will be responsible for implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth (grades K – 5). Elementary School staff ensure that the YMCA is hosting a successful before and after school program that will foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. This program is a unique program within the YMCA of Central Florida, as these are year round positions – staff work on site at Orange County School locations during the ten month school year and they have the option to work Summer Camp during the eight-ten weeks of summer.
Discover your passion through a rewarding position and be part of something BIGGER. You can make a real impact on youth; all while continuing to explore your leadership potential in an array of positions with career advancement opportunities at the YMCA of Central Florida.
Typical Program Hours are Monday - Friday:
- After-school hours: 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Flexible schedules may consist of before-school, after school or a combination split shift (Before-school hours: 7:00 am – 8:30 am)
- 2 years previous child care experience is preferred
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability
- Excellent communication skills
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
$9.22 per hour + relevant work experience will be factored additionally into the wage.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
- FREE YMCA membership for employee & a discounted rate for household
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- Career advancement & growth opportunities
- The YMCA of Central Florida offers a challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!