Course Director - PBR650 - Reputation Management Strategies
In the Reputation Management Strategies Course, students will learn how to monitor and respond to changes in sentiment and conditions that impact organizational initiatives and long-term strategic communication objectives. In addition to monitoring conversations, sentiment, and search ranking, students will also examine how to report social metrics and web analytics translating this information into effective planning and decision-making. Students will also examine options for defending and repairing reputations, as well as addressing social threats such as dated and inaccurate information in the press, misinformation, and critics on the web. Finally, students will consider how they can use these same strategies to monitor and manage their own online reputations as they develop their careers. Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and feedback practices.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: May oversee associate course directors and lab specialists to ensure integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Masters degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Public Relations, Journalism, Crisis Communications, Multimedia Studies, Marketing or related field from an accredited college or university. Candidates should have a broad base of knowledge in public relations, journalism, publishing, marketing and communications. Teaching experience is preferred and the candidate must have a passion for education.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Must have strong social media skills
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.