Child Care - After School Activities Counselor
After School Programs, Inc. (ASP) was founded in 1991 as a 501(c)(3) not for profit corporation and has been serving thousands of Florida families for nearly twenty-five years. ASP is one of the largest providers of quality on-site after school programs in Florida, serving over 10,000 children from culturally diverse and varying socioeconomic backgrounds in Broward, Collier, Miami-Dade and Orange Counties.
Many of our programs have been awarded the Gold Seal of Excellence from Broward County Child Care. At After School Programs, Inc, our quality management, experience, award winning programs, numerous resources and community involvement have helped us earn the reputation as the premier provider of after school care.
We believe that working in the childcare field is a rewarding and worthwhile profession and we are currently seeking team members who share our mission, values and beliefs.
ASP Orange County is presently hiring for activities counselors throughout Orange County Florida.
Purpose of position: Lead and work with a group of children at specific after school care site in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and actively supervise all activities with a group of children
- Communicate with Site Director or Assistant any problem areas of a child's behavior
- Report any suspicion of physical or sexual abuse to your supervisors immediately
- Report and record accidents and all injuries on appropriate report forms to appropriate supervisor
- Remain with assigned group at all times
- Keep accurate attendance and always know the number and location of your children at all times
- Assist in assigned daily cleaning activities, i.e. sweeping, mopping, garbage, etc.
- Assist all assigned teachers and team members with all activities
- Help establish and maintain appropriate standards for children's behavior while following company discipline policy
- Provide assistance to another program as needed
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a Level II background check
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to operate a two way radio
- Must register for 40 hour training course within 90 days of employment and complete all training within 1 year of course start date
Candidates must be available to work every weekday (Monday -- Friday) from 1:30pm -- 6:00pm.
Whether you are looking for a position while attending college or looking to begin a long lasting career in childcare, our company is the place to be!
We are excited to have you join our Team!