Financial Coordinator - Healthcare
Job Summary: The Financial Coordinator is focused on supporting the organization by performing financial activities to ensure all financial items are captured accurately and timely.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Initiate and maintain financial tracking for all assigned study budgets; Including but not limited to :
- Create invoices for completed financial items timely
- Collect payments from study sponsors and CROs.
- Review and renegotiate contract terms
- Manage collections of Accounts Receivables
- Record and post all study payment activity in the Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) to ensure all activities balance amongst all financial recording systems.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Teams and the Budget and Contract Associate regarding renegotiation of financial items such as: screen fail terms, enrollment numbers and other reimbursable items.
- Ensure accuracy between the CTMS and the study contract
- Identify payment issues regarding delayed or incomplete study payments and communicate to sponsor, CRO and site study team accordingly.
- Communicate to Sponsors, CROs and clinical team as needed.
- Perform month-end reconciliation, as well as other assigned duties.
- Assist with payments to outsource vendors.
- Act as a financial liaison between clinics, upper management, and clients.
- Create the Accounts Receivable report and review with the appropriate clinic team monthly.
- Participate in team meetings and assist with identifying and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Deliver high level of customer service and teamwork
- Adhere to company policies and standard operating procedures
- Lead, manage, and/or participate in other projects and duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, while under pressure without supervision
- Excellent communication and written skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to balance tasks with competing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with sponsors/CROs, site clients and colleagues
- Strong quantitative, accounting and financial management skills
- Ability to start and finish tasks within the given timeframe
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Budget and Contracting Terminology, as well as Medical Terminology.
- A high level of self-motivation and energy
- Optimistic and Team Oriented Attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Healthcare Administration
- Ability to provide effective verbal or written analysis of findings
- Experience with financial management systems.
- Financial/Account Management, preferred
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience, preferably in financial management, healthcare administration, business administration, clinical research or pharmaceutical industries