Home - Based Satellite TV Technician - Installer
Do you enjoy physical indoor/outdoor work, talking with people, providing customer service and learning new technologies? Are you seeking an opportunity where you have independence, confidence, and control your success? Willing to learn new career? Then being a DRS Satellite TV Technician/Installer is your calling. At Digital Reception Services (DRS), We provide paid classroom and on-the-job training. Bring your computer, electrical, maintenance/repair, general labor, cable, military, and customer service and/or customer relationship experience to DRS!
What’s in it for you?
- DRS provides paid training, fully stocked logoed van, gas card, cell phone, and applicable tools necessary to perform quality work – no out of pocket expense
- An opportunity to earn additional bi-weekly incentive pay through achieving your performance goals!
- Medical Insurance (company pays 70% of the premium)
- Company provided life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance and education assistance programs
- Employee purchase program
- Voluntary coverage options include Dental, Vision, short-term disability, optional life insurance and supplemental benefit plans such as accident, critical care, and hospitalization
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary annual company match – Eligible to participate from date of hire
- Paid Time Off – Eligible from date of hire
- Career advancement opportunities
- The tech position can be physically challenging as you will be climbing and working from ladders, in some case in excess of 30 feet
- You will be entering attics and will be exposed to a variety of weather elements including; heat, cold, wind, and rain
- Installing cutting edge technology - place mounts, satellite dishes, and receivers while ensuring broadband connectivity
- Responsible for multiple customer visits daily which could include completing site surveys, installing satellite equipment, ensuring a quality internet connection and educating our customers
- Required to trench/dig, sometimes up 100 feet in order to lay cable.
- You will interact with consumers daily and should be comfortable and able to effectively communicate/train customers on the DISH system
- Educating customers - review order with the customer and teach them the basics to use and enjoy their new service and equipment
- Technicians must be comfortable offering our customers additional services and products while earning incentives.
- Overtime is a daily event as your ending time will vary from day-to-day depending on your assigned jobs and business needs.