Hostess & Receptionist
OVERVIEW: Responsible for service in the manner most pleasing to members and their guests.
Assures the highest standards are met in: appearance, hospitality, professionalism and service.
Responsible for making a first impression on the membership with a warm greeting, seating membership in the dining room, and leaving a lasting impression as they leave.
- Displays the highest standards in: work ethic, performance, appearance, attitude and demeanor in all interactions with Members and staff alike.
- Interfaces with all departments in the club to ensure a seamless experience for members and guests.
- Answers the telephone throughout the shift to ensure communication between members, residents, guests, and the Isleworth community and dining room.
- Takes reservations and orders as necessary.
- Greets Members as they arrive.
- Seats members and guests when they arrive
- Communicates to membership via fax and telephone
- Ensures all food and wine menus are current and ready to be distributed to the members/guests.
- Distributes menus after printing on a bi-weekly basis.
- Communicates take out orders to the kitchen after receiving them from the membership.
- Promptly turns in orders to the kitchen, clarifying special instructions.
- Updates members on current events and stays up-to date on activities around the club.
- Places members’ reservations to a table assignment before seating begins Informs supervisor of any and all member comments/complaints.
- Responds to members who do not follow the appropriate dress code and finds appropriate alternatives to all situations.
- Checks all areas for cleanliness—including menus, tables, floors, lights, and chairs-correct any faults immediately.
- Maintains a clean area throughout the service hours.
- Removes unneeded clutter and thrash from hostess area.
- Maintains knowledge of computer system related to ringing in checks.
- Checks in/out with a supervisor at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of the dining room and host stand areas, equipment and fixtures.
- Reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns to management.
- Make management aware when supplies are needed.
- Attendance and punctuality is critical due to the impact on other positions and departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs. Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must be computer literate. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must be insurable for automobile insurance with company’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to maintain positive, professional relations with members & other employees.
Apply for Hostess & Receptionist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly