The Building Engineer is primarily responsible for assisting in the daily and ongoing maintenance operations of facility infrastructure for a multiple theater complex and public plaza. Reporting to the Director of Facilities this individual will represent Facilities Operations to guests and team members including handling complaints and responding to any emergency conditions.
- Work with facilities colleagues in order to maintain a variety of facility infrastructures equipment such as; HVAC equipment and control systems, hot and cold water distribution systems, power distribution systems and equipment, fire/life safety, carpentry, plumbing, painting, wall coverings, flooring, and masonry.
- Perform routine and emergency repair and maintenance on structures and equipment in assigned areas.
- Perform minor repairs from verbal or written requests.
- Work as a team and assist colleagues in accomplishing daily, special, and emergency projects.
- Detect and report faulty or improperly operating equipment, or unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining records to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Follow all standards and prescribed safety regulations, including responding to emergency calls.
- Perform maintenance and janitorial operations as needed.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning of HVAC components and fan coil units.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
- Report major deficiencies and items which cannot be readily repaired, to Supervisor.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the propertys ongoing energy conservation programs.
- Special projects as assigned, such as serving on the Theater fire brigade, janitorial, landscaping, making props, cleaning of the workshop, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Two to three years' experience in general building maintenance procedures.
- Training in blood-borne pathogens, fire safety, right-to-know, hearing protection, and chemical hygiene a plus but not required.
- Clean driving record and possess a valid Florida drivers license.
- Working knowledge in Building Automation System (BAS) software and office software (spreadsheet, word processing, and calendar) OR the proven ability to learn new software systems.
- Working knowledge of housekeeping and janitorial duties.
- Working knowledge of the use and care of basic hand tools and other equipment used in facility and grounds maintenance.
- Skilled in using testing instruments.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals.
- Knowledge of wall finishing, painting, wall covering, and architectural finishes.
- Knowledge of general safe operating procedures and conservation programs.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift 20 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights up to approximately 25 feet.
The Dr. Phillips Center provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law.