WELLNESS COACH / PERSONAL TRAINER
At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living. The Oviedo YMCA Family Center is seeking experienced and motivated individuals to join our team as Personal Trainers & Wellness Coaches.
YMCA Personal Trainers / Wellness Coaches provide our members with access to personalized Y health and prevention programs, such as our Y Diabetes Prevention Program. The incumbent must have proven experience and expertise in lifestyle management strategies. S/he will cultivate member relationships by providing a high level customer service experience, and improve retention while building a client base to support personal and organizational revenue growth. This individual will also provide clients with motivation and goals through feedback and assessments that support their personal objectives. This individual will be required to work a small number of wellness floor hours, assisting on the floor, supporting the general membership, and completing a schedule for cleaning equipment each shift. S/he should be able to work part-time hours with flexible availability based on business needs, including early mornings.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of professional wellness, or personal training experience required.
- Current Personal Training certification through ACSM, NSCA, NASM, W.I.T.S., or ACE required.
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Previous experience utilizing Technogym products, a plus!
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from the first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and discounts for household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability