Career Development HRD Senior Analyst
The Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, Florida invites applicants to apply for the position of Career Development HRD Senior Analyst.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Summary: Applies psychological techniques and testing and business principles for the development and administration of promotional processes as well as other human resources special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business, Human Resources Management, or related field; and two (2) years relevant experience in employment selection test development. A Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology can substitute for relevant experience.
- At least 18 years of age.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and a good driving history.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Ability to utilize intermediate computer skills to include using word processing, email, spreadsheets, and database applications (e.g., Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure the security and integrity of assessment processes.
- Ability to identity agency goals and organizational needs to develop and implement human resources strategies and programs.
- Ability to use knowledge of test development and assessment center principles to develop, validate, and administer tests for basic recruitment, promotions, and personnel assessment.
- Ability to verify that tests are conformed with established testing principles, agency policies, and legal requirements.
- Ability to develop and conduct training programs and presentations, to include assessor training.
- Ability to provide guidance and develop performance improvement plans to agency employees for career development purposes.
- Ability to conduct a statistical analysis on various types of data to identify trends and make recommendations.
- Ability to conduct job analyses, as well as write and update performance evaluations forms as necessary.
- Ability to effectively speak in front of large groups of employees, high ranking agency members, and community leaders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Applicants with body ornamentation (tattoos) shall not have any visible body ornamentation on the head, face, and neck area, which includes the visible skin while wearing a collared uniform shirt with an unbuttoned top button. Employees shall not have any visible body ornamentation located on the hands which is defined as the area from wrist to fingertips; however, a tattoo simulating a wedding ring on the ring finger of the left hand will not be considered excessive as described herein. Applicants are encouraged to read the agency body ornamentation policy before applying.
- Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field.
- Working knowledge of SPSS, or other statistical software.
- Experience using survey software (e.g., Qualtrics).
- Panel Interview.
- Participate in a Work Sample Exercise
- Some positions, depending on the responsibilities, may require the candidate to successfully pass a physical or other selection processes when needed.
Salary: $23.91/hour or $24.63/hour with 3+ years of experience