Student Success Advisor
Student Success Advisors serve as a primary point of contact for online undergraduate students. They assist with academic resources, university policies, scheduling issues, course attendance, and community referrals. Student Success Advisors provide supportive academic coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grow in a holistic manner. This is a full-time, on-site position based in Winter Park, FL, working from local offices in support of The Los Angeles Film School.
Seeking a Student Success Advisor to efficiently and professionally support students with clear communication, concerned care, and creative solutions to problems.
- Advise students on academic policies and procedures
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Conduct proactive student outreach
- Maintain accurate student communications records
- Utilize student feedback to recommend process improvement
- Highly motivated to help others
- Self-motivated, proactive, able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and a passion for coaching and mentoring students
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field
- Minimum of one year experience in student advising, admissions, enrollment, education, or a related field
- Preferred experience working with students in an online higher education environment
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office, Apple, and Windows software environments
- Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
- Ability to work two weekday evenings per week
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WHEN APPLYING
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment. Veterans are encouraged to apply.