Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a Manager, Facilities, Energy, and Sustainability from candidates with strong management experience in the areas of Energy Management and Sustainability . The Manager of Facilities, Energy, and Sustainability provides leadership in the implementation of sustainability and maintenance efforts, to ensure efficient campus operations in the areas of energy, water, habitat, and mechanical systems operations. Supervises assigned facilities staff.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, business, environmental science, energy management or a related field.
2. Five years of experience managing sustainability efforts.
3. Three years of supervisory experience.
4. Valid Florida driver's license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
1. Certification in Sustainability (e.g., International Facility Management Association Sustainability Facility Professional or IFMA SFP), or United States Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (e.g., USGBC LEED) or similar certifications or Energy Management (e.g., Certified Energy Manager or CEM).
2. Three years of experience in Energy Management.
3. Experience in managing control systems.
4. Experience managing mechanical systems operations.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
· Cover Letter
· Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
· Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.