Seminole State College of Florida has been changing lives in Central Florida for over 50 years. We have been recognized by the Chronicle of Education as a Great College to Work For in 2018 and have achieved Gold status for the second consecutive year by the State Board of Education. Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.
If you are a highly motivated finance professional with strong leadership skills and experience in leading financial management and general operations, then we have an excellent executive level opportunity for you to join our team of dedicated Faulty and Staff as our next Vice President of Business Operations and Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The Vice President of Business Operations and CFO is an experienced and innovative leader responsible for the fiscal management of the institution. This position serves as the chief business and financial officer of the college and supports the learning mission of the college through effective leadership, analysis, and planning of college finances, business operations, auxiliary enterprises, facilities and property, and other duties as assigned. This position reports directly to the President of the college.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a CPA (Certified Public Accountant license) or Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, higher education administration, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Ten or more years of significant and progressively more responsible experience in leading financial management and general operations. In-depth understanding of accounting practices, managerial finance, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credentials desired if candidate holds a Master’s Degree.
- Understanding or experience with a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Beginning annual salary is $151,622 and may be commensurate with education and experience exceeding the minimum required qualifications. In addition to a competitive salary Seminole State College also offers an attractive total rewards package that includes excellent work-life balance with time off when the College is closed, paid sick leave and holidays, paid employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement for employees and qualified dependents, numerous professional development opportunities, and participation in the Florida Retirement System and several retirement options.
To ensure full consideration please remember to include all of the following documents along with your completed application by the closing date:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.