Exam Proctor - Child Care Training
Are you looking to become an integral part of a Nationally Accredited Organization that helps to improve the lives of families with young children? Join our Team and help us to continue our compassionate quest to provide high quality services to children and families throughout Florida.
Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1969. Our mission is to be a community leader in providing high-quality services that improve the lives of children and families. We believe that every child deserves the right to a bright and successful future.
Job Title: Child Care Training Exam Proctor
Part Time Position/ Hours Vary
Responsible for monitoring and enforcing the Department of Children & Families (DCF) Competency Exams according to guidelines set forth in the Proctor’s Guide for Child Care Training Exams including completing all the necessary paperwork. Available assignments are typically scheduled Monday through Saturday. Weekday hours may begin as early as 5:00AM to 3:00PM or late afternoons from 1:00PM to 8:00PM. Weekend hours may begin as early as 5:00AM to 5:00PM. Must be able to travel to Cocoa Beach, Ocoee, Winter Park, Kissimmee, and Orlando for assignments. The number of hours per day vary depending on the exam site. Must be dependable and on-time to all assignments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrives at the exam site at the required time (always prior to the start of the exam). Assists with setting up the exam site as outlined and designated in the Proctor Guide.
- Distributes exam materials including the exam(s) and bubble sheet to student.
- Assists Child Care Training Lead Proctor in instructing students on using Scantron Bubble Answer Sheets and including the required information.
- Ensures students are properly seated at the correct table tent with the correct exam. Ensures students are given the correct version of exam by.
- Times and monitors the actual exam as specified in the Proctor’s Guide.
- Assists in collecting exams from students upon exam completion.
- Assists in setting up and returning tables and chairs to the prior set-up per facility guidelines.
- Attends all mandatory proctor trainings and meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar in order to communicate effectively with exam students and others.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee 20 students taking exam.
- Ability to gain knowledge of “Proctor’s Guide for Child Care Training Exams”.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct exam takers on testing procedures and to oversee the testing process. Ability to handle difficult customers.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to achieve goal.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to give verbal instructions.
- Ability to remain flexible in changing environment.
- Ability to monitor other individuals to ensure that accurate procedures are followed by exam takers and take corrective actions, if necessary.
Education and Experience
Essential Physical Skills
High School Diploma or GED
Must have access to and have the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Experience working with confidential information/materials.
Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
Monitoring experience preferred.
Ability to use visual skills to observe test takers.
Experience in any kind of instructional activity preferred.
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Ability to stand or be in continuous motion for up to ten-twelve (10-12) hours while performing job functions.
Why 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
No Benefits Pay Grade: 4
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities