Job Title: Executive Housekeeper
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Provide leadership and direction in all Village Housekeeping operations in order to provide a clean and safe vacation experience for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day routines within the Housekeeping Department, with direct responsibility for the cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of Villas, Public Areas and Laundry. Demonstrates a great attention to details and quick decision making skills in order to provide guests with a perfect storybook experience.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Housekeeping Managers to provide direction, leadership and support to all housekeeping staff that mirror the mission and core values of the organization.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct performance appraisals and administer salary adjustments.
- Recognize achievements and create a positive teamwork atmosphere.
- Develop and implement all housekeeping procedures.
- Ensure all safety and security procedures are adhered to.
- Receive and prepare work orders for Engineering in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct inspections of villas and public areas to ensure housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as needed.
- Respond to guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review and analyze guest concerns to identify consistent patterns and themes.
- Create and implement procedures for thematic guest concerns.
Finance & Administration
- Maintain fiscal responsibility (budgeting, payroll, operating expense control) for overall Housekeeping dept.
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Prepare staff schedules and post accordingly, as needed.
All other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to walk, stand, bend, crouch, balance, and be able to use hands/arms to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week, resort operation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated effective leader with the ability to train, coach and motivate team members
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to manage and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- Establishes effective working relationships by adjusting approaches to meet the needs of a diverse population including staff, guests, volunteers, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse population, including staff, co-workers, volunteers, and leaders.
- Effectively identifies and analyzes problems. Uses creative solutions to solve problems with varying degrees of information.
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in situations that require decisiveness, quick response and good judgement
- Ability to initiate actions based on one’s own interpretation or understanding of a situation
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to develop and maintain operating budget.
- Ability to communicate, understand, speak, read, write English to communicate with departments/guests/vendor participants.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and payroll software.
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- High School Diploma
- At least 8+ years of previous housekeeping experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing teams
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
Give Kids The World is a drug free workplace.