Pay Level: Negotiable
We call it Digital Missions. Cru has a long-standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions, and it’s happening again in the digital realm. Our Digital Products and Services department creates and innovates technology solutions for the global Church that engage the lost and empower multiplying disciples. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion and burning desire to use their digital skills to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a UX Researcher who loves to help products reach their fullest potential and impact the ministry by serving our users at the deepest levels. Do you often find yourself questioning the “why” behind a decision? When using an app, do you find yourself critiquing it as you try to accomplish your goal? Are you obsessed with user experience? As a UX Researcher at Cru, you will sit at the intersection of user research, design, product, business strategy, and data analysis.
The UX Reseracher fully considers the users and their needs, using qualitative and quantitative methods, and translates that into actionable design outcomes for our Design and Development teams. You’ll help to validate business goals and product ideas that accomplish our mission and vision through digital user engagement. Our desire is that you love to explore the data to find opportunities for improvement and work hard to maximize each product’s potential to change people’s lives for eternity.
You’ll get to revel in the joy of seeing collaborative work result in more people coming to know Jesus.
About the Team:
You’ll be working side by side with Experience Designers, but will be seamlessly integrated with a Product team. You will work under the User Experience Team Lead, and alongside other UX Researchers, to support the user experience of Cru’s digital ecosystem. The greater Design team is made up of senior UX staff, Creative Directors, and Experience Designers. None of our team has ended up here by chance. All our staff have made clear choices to answer God’s call in their lives, leaving successful positions in various industries to pull together and make Christ known through digital solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become a trusted user expert and aggressively advocate for the user to influence all product decisions
- Facilitate workshops to develop product value propositions and business models to be tested and validated
- Define the UX vision for the product, addressing the entire user journey, based on user goals and business goals
- Identify UX research opportunities and tests (based on qualitative and quantitative data analysis) that align with product and UX strategy
- Turn test insights into relevant product recommendations
- Lead the creation of necessary UX research deliverables such as personas, user journey maps, storyboards, workflow diagrams, or UX mockups
- Collaborate with designers to develop innovative UX design deliverables based on research, strategic direction, and intended user experience
- Always be improving; unless Jesus is here, you ain’t done
- Influence others with your passion and desire to use your digital skills to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations.
Skills you need to have:
- Deeply empathize with users and stakeholders
- Intuitive thinker balanced by evidence
- Work well with cross-functional teams - value collaboration and strive for alignment
- Strong communicator (interpersonal, written, and oral)
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and self-driven
- Curious - Good at asking questions and hunting for the answer
- Good listener
- Able to extract insights from observations
- Knowledge and experience with a broad set of qualitative and user-centered research methods
- Design software (Sketch, Adobe XD, similar tools) to develop UX assets
- Identifying and framing the right problem
- Work efficiently and in a timely manner
- Appropriately utilize post-it notes and sharpies
Additional skills that would make us squeal with delight:
- Experience working with analytics technology and interpretation of data (Adobe, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with business/product frameworks (value proposition, product-market fit, growth funnel)
- Experience running A/B tests, using testing platforms (UserTesting, UsabilityHub, etc.)
- Love for Jesus Christ
- Love and empathy for people
- Desire to use your skills to help advance the Gospel globally
- Willingness to receive and respond to feedback (it’s not personal)
- Living in or willing to relocate to Orlando, Florida
- Bachelor’s degree in UX, Design, Business or Psychology is preferred
- 4+ years experience working in UX-related field, Business Analysis, or Product Development
- Portfolio, or similar way to communicate experience and projects
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment