Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for an Instructional Designer for our eLearning department from candidates with a passion for working and helping faculty and staff with instructional support. The Instructional Designer collaborates with faculty and staff to design, develop and deliver online, hybrid and technology enhanced courses. The Instructional Designer provides appropriate training for faculty in pedagogy, instructional design, eLearning managed technology tools and related instructional technologies.
1. Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Technology or Distance Education from an Accredited Institution.
2. Two years of experience working with Learning Management Systems administration.
3. Two years of progressively responsible experience providing instructional support or teaching experience.
4. Two years of experience with basic web development tools and skills such as HTML, CSS, and technology based learning software such as Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Acrobat, Articulate Studio, Learning Management System (LMS), and Camtasia.
1. Master's degree in instructional technology, education or distance education from an accredited institution.
2. Post-secondary instructional experience.
3. Experience teaching online courses.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
· Cover Letter
· Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
· Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.