Female Resident Camp Counselors
Position is Seasonal through Mid-August; Includes Overnight Room and Board
Since 1948, Camp Wewa located in Apopka, Florida has been building lives in Central Florida and enriching the communities we serve. The traditions of Wewa have been shared by thousands of alumni, including many of Central Florida’s community leaders. The 60 acre residential camp enjoys a rich history and innovation of unique adventure and exploration that form the foundation of an incredible camp environment where fun and education go hand-in-hand.
At the YMCA of Central Florida, you’ll discover unlimited opportunities — enjoy a job with a future to grow and you’ll be empowered to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Y Resident Camp Counselors are responsible for the safety, leadership and direct supervision of participants and implementing planned activities. You can be a contributing member of a counselor team who provides safe, YMCA core value based, quality camp programming and supervision. Please know staff will be required to stay overnight; Sunday - Friday. Some weekends maybe required.
Our Resident Camp Counselors facilitate student programming, provide support, supervision, and encouragement to our campers, and impact lives in powerful ways! Ideal candidates will be outgoing, energetic, and passionate about working with youth.
- Lead female cabin groups and provide supervision of campers through various camp activities
- Foster positive and appropriate relationships between campers; encourage active participation from all camp participants
- Provide guidance and support for any camper behavioral or group dynamic challenges within the cabins and during camp programs
- Exhibit teamwork and good communication with co-counselors and other camp staff
- Participate in daily camp operations, activities, supervision and procedures as needed
- Will reside on camp property and provide overnight supervision in cabins for the duration of summer camp programs
- Will be required to work at least one full weekend camp program
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Childcare or Camp experience desired
- Group Leadership experience desired
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required
The YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- A competitive pay structure that includes; Hourly, Weekly and Daily rates.
- Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career path at the Y. As one of the leading YMCA Associations in the country, there are many opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.