The YMCA of Central Florida is an innovative Association; operating over 20 locations in six counties. Under the Association leadership and direction of our Vice President of Aquatics and 3 Time Olympic Gold Medalist, Rowdy Gaines, our organization is on the cutting edge with aquatics programming. The Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center in Marion County has an exciting opportunity for an Aquatics Director; this position will report directly to the Associate Executive Director.
The incumbent will oversee the day-to-day operations of aquatic programs, manage staff, and grow program participation. Critical competencies include; strong swim lesson experience, lifeguard management, financial / payroll acumen, also a plus general knowledge of pool maintenance with CPO certification and fundraising experience.
The Aquatics Director will implement aquatics programs to promote the retention of existing members, and engagement of new members. During the summer months this individual will manage and oversee the aquatics specialty camps. S/he will be required to build relationships and communicate with members, volunteers, guests, and staff in a highly professional manner. S/he will provide leadership and collaborate with other directors and staff to support aquatic initiatives and achieve retention goals. This individual will have responsibilities for staff recruitment, selection, development and retention; including career succession planning for their staff team. This individual will ensure proper implementation of aquatic schedules and procedures to provide maximum awareness and opportunities for members / staff connections. S/he will routinely evaluate programs, and collaborate with the Facility Director to establish systems for pool inspections, equipment maintenance service quality, as well as institute corrective action when necessary. This individual must maintain knowledge of all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. S/he will ensure employees are current with required certifications.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in staff supervision and leadership required.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in managing swim lesson programing and lifeguard management required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in aquatics or customer service related field strongly preferred.
- YMCA aquatics or operations experience preferred. Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle and Technogym experience a plus.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current Oxygen Administration certification required.
- Current Lifeguard certification required. (YMCA Lifeguard certification preferred; Red Cross Lifeguard certification is acceptable, but s/he must receive YMCA certification within 60 days).
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Current YMCA Pool Operator on Location certification or Certified Pool Operator a plus.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Instructor, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Trainer and YMCA Aquatic Management certifications a plus.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and excellent quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee and eligible household members.
- Generous paid time off package
- Career growth and enrichment opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.