Front Desk Receptionist / Assistant Office Manager
YMCA Corporate Office, Downtown, Orlando
Status: Full-time, Hourly (Non-exempt)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and polished Receptionist/Assistant Office Manager to manage the front desk reception and back office areas for our busy YMCA corporate office in Downtown Orlando. Can you make all individuals feel welcome, answer a multi-line phone system, manage priorities, order and maintain inventory of all office supplies and equipment, manage and sort incoming mail and courier services, juggle deliveries, and provide general administrative support for a large professional staff team – all at the same time?
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver, organized, detail oriented, takes initiative, enjoys working with people, they must possess excellent interpersonal skills; verbal, written and superior phone etiquette, maintains a positive and professional demeanor, is able to multitask in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous professional environment. This is a highly visible front desk position and best suited for someone who can juggle it all and keep smiling! This individual will ensure a professional and welcoming appearance of the front desk/lobby and back office areas at all times. They will promptly greet and check-in individuals, answer phone calls in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner, and help to maintain the security of the building.
We use a variety of different computer applications in our day-to-day operations, the successful applicant must have a general aptitude in technology and experience using different types of computer software including but not limited to: Outlook Calendars, Microsoft Office; including Excel. This position requires some physical demands such as sitting and/or standing, bending, for extended periods, lifting approximately 30 lbs, regular use of telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also include concentration and reliable transportation is required.
The YMCA of Central Florida is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Innovation and Community Collaborations.
Be part of something BIGGER at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:25 AM to 5:30 PM
- Minimum age 21 years or older
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in a professional office environment with 50+ employees or similar in size required. Providing support for multiple locations is highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of ordering and maintaining inventory of all office supplies and equipment supplies (toner, paper, copier etc.).
- High School graduate required, college degree a plus!
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Excellent people skills - Positive attitude and outgoing personality are essential.
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for interacting with all levels of staff; including senior leadership, high-level donors, volunteers, guests, and external vendors.
- Superior organizational skills, dependability and great follow through on tasks.
- Security oriented – While we want to make all visitors feel at home, we also want to ensure a safe environment.
- Must be able to manage a multi-line phone system.
- Must be highly organized and anticipate the needs of others.
- Previous experience working with confidential information. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and show discretion.
- Bilingual; fluent in English and Spanish is a plus!
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
- Affordable healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career growth, exposure and development opportunities with one of the largest and most progressive Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.