Are you looking for a way to jump start your career in education and management? Are you passionate about impacting the lives of youth as well as motivating a staff team? The YMCA of Central Florida has an immediate FULL-TIME Program Coordinator opening within our YMCA Before & After Elementary School Program.
- Annunciation Catholic Academy (593 Jamestown Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714)
S/he should have flexible availability to work during primary program hours: Full-time; week days (M - F) 9 AM - 6 PM.
In this position you will be able to utilize your classroom skills, program development creativity and staff supervision abilities, all while impacting the lives of others. Our YMCA Elementary Before and After School Program works collaboratively with local elementary schools to offer quality programs to over 3,500 students daily!
Under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager or Director, this individual will be responsible for the day to day operations at one of our YMCA partnered elementary school locations throughout Central Florida. S/he will develop and implement daily lesson plans; including values education, reading activities, health & wellness, team-building, arts and crafts, as well as science and hands on learning activities. S/he must ensure a high quality before and after school program that focuses on creating a warm and welcoming environment for students and parents. This individual will provide direction, rules and supervision of the program activities within the assigned Elementary School site.
The incumbent will assist in the planning and implementation of innovative activities that are unique to the student’s needs and interests to build healthy lifestyles. S/he will provide supervision and direction to a staff team that includes on-boarding, training and development, creating staff schedules, coaching and staff evaluations. The incumbent must have a high attention to detail and bookkeeping skills to ensure collection of payments are timely and accurately reported. This individual must have refined verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and engage with diverse populations, and all levels of management, staff, members, volunteers, and parents. A key emphasis for this individual is to support the retention of the Elementary School participation through excellent quality programming, maintaining the requirements of average daily attendance and providing outstanding customer service to all students and parents.
The YMCA of Central Florida is a leading non-profit organization, we impact lives in over 100 neighborhoods; across six counties. Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
- AA/AS degree or equivalent in related field required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Florida Director Credential, preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in formal child care curriculum and programming, school age experience.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous reporting/accountability experience required.
- Child Care certification a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required..
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Valid Florida Child Care Director Credential required at some locations.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the Central Florida YMCA provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- Generous paid time off package.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after meeting eligibility requirements; with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Complimentary YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Career advancement & professional development opportunities with one of the largest and innovative YMCA Associations in the Country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.