Senior Administrative Assistant (Innovation and Sustainability)
This position provides complex administrative work of a diverse nature to support the Chief Innovation and Sustainability Officer. Also serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the office of the executive.
- Performs a variety of administrative support activities such as composing replies to correspondence, summarizing reports and information to facilitate review by others, and investigating, evaluating, and resolving problems within scope of position.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Establishes procedures that implement operational practices.
- Compiles data based on statistical computations and research techniques, and drafts financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports.
- Coordinates the weekly/monthly calendar for the executive and coordinates travel arrangements; prepares and processes travel check requests; and reviews Travel Authorization and Expense forms for compliance to policy prior to payment.
- Assists executive in planning, coordinating, and executing departmental activities.
- Performs a variety of critical recordkeeping duties; manages and maintains department’s recordkeeping and filing systems.
- Acts as a liaison between the executive and internal departments and customers. Uses discretion in personally resolving inquiries and concerns or directing to the appropriate individual or department.
- Assists executive with project and program administration.
- Processes documents of a legal and confidential nature; screens documents for accuracy, legality and authorization, and ensures confidentiality of information in the performance of duties.
- Coordinates, makes arrangements for and attends (as directed) workshops, conferences/seminars and committee meetings; coordinates meeting facilities and conference rooms; and monitors department staff schedules.
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Two years of college in business or public administration or a related field plus five years of experience in a progressively more responsible secretarial/administrative support position(s), or a combination of related experience, education and training.