The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking energetic and dedicated After School Counselors at Sunset Park Elementary School in Windermere.
Individuals will implement our award winning program that offers curriculum focused on providing academic support, homework help, health and wellness, enrichment and youth mentorship in a safe and nurturing environment during out of school hours. They will be responsible for implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth (grades K – 5). Elementary School staff ensure that the YMCA is hosting a successful before and after school program that will foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. This program is a unique program within the YMCA of Central Florida, as these are year round positions – staff work on site at Orange County School locations during the ten month school year and they have the option to work Summer Camp during the eight-ten weeks of summer.
Discover your passion through a rewarding position and be part of something BIGGER. You can make a real impact on youth; all while continuing to explore your leadership potential in an array of positions with career advancement opportunities at the YMCA of Central Florida.
Typical Program Hours are Flexible Week Days; 3p - 6p.
- 1 year previous child care experience is preferred
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability
- Excellent communication skills
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification (willing to obtain within 30 days of hire)
$9.22 / hr base rate, plus relevant work experience factored additionally into the wage.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
- FREE YMCA membership for employee & a discounted rate for household
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- Career advancement & growth opportunities
- The YMCA of Central Florida offers a challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!