Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Disability Support Services from caring candidates with previous experience working directly with individuals with disabilities and/or learning differences. This position assesses needs, provides information, arranges approved accommodations and services, and serves as an advocate/liaison for SSC students with disabilities. Assists the Director of Disability Support Services with the development of departmental procedures and implementation of policies, programs and services.
1. Master's degree from an accredited institution in Disability Studies, Educational Psychology, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, Special Education, Student Affairs, or related field.
2. Three years of experience working directly with individuals with disabilities/learning differences, preferably at a post-secondary level.
1. Three or more years of experience conducting and interpreting psycho educational evaluations for the purpose of disability diagnosis.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
· Cover Letter
· Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
· Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.