Physical Therapist (PRN) - PT/OT Rehab Services
Work Type: As needed. Based on availabilty and the needs of the department.
Work Schedule: Flexible Hours and/or Flexible Schedule
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 8
Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Works in a self-directed work team committed to a common purpose and goal. The Physical Therapist works within the scope of Physical Therapy. Responsible to practice within their scope of licensure in accordance with approved policies, procedures and protocols. Shares responsibility for all aspects of therapy and team functions.
* Standard Work Duties: Physical Therapist STEP
- Role models through professional development, continuous learning, and improvement of competence in the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards, and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Performs the evaluation, treatment, and discharge planning of patients while providing an individualized plan of care, resulting in positive patient outcomes and effective resource utilization.
- Ensures that all patient documentation is complete, accurate, finished in a timely manner, and reflects both patient response to treatment and changes in plan of care based on patient progress.
- Initiates and coordinates patient teaching, equipment needs, and discharge planning according to identified needs; assesses patient/family comprehension of teaching and equipment and including them in the plan of care.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and other team members, reports significant findings in a timely and appropriate manner, and seeks input to plan of care.
- Facilitates multidisciplinary collaboration of care by initiating appropriate consults when indicated.
- Provides exceptional healthcare while maintaining good stewardship by effectively utilizing departmental resources, demonstrating flexibility to meet patient workload, and maintaining a high level of productivity and efficiency to ensure consistent patient care and positive outcomes.
- Utilizes measures to promote and maintain patient, visitor, and staff safety, including the appropriate use of infection control principles and personal protection equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
Education Essential: * Bachelor Degree
Nonessential: * Master Degree
Education Equivalent Experience: * Accredited Program for Physical Therapy
Licenses Essential: Current license as a Physical Therapist in the state of Florida.
Certifications Essential: Per department or hospital requirements and relevant policies. Current CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) Card from the American Heart Association.
Experience Preferred: One year acute care experience.