Are you ready to use your culinary skills in fast-paced environments that range from catering, to fine dining, to pastry and beyond?
The Walt Disney World Resort invites you to be our Guest and explore Culinary opportunities at our upcoming Job Fair on Monday, January 28, 2019 from 10:00am-2:00pm. Come meet our Chefs and Recruiters to learn more about our dynamic teams that provide unparalleled dining experiences. You will also have the chance to see what it takes to excel in this role through Meet and Greets with our talented Chefs!
This event is open to the public and will focus on finding talent for Culinary roles. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to apply and interview on site. To assist with networking opportunities please bring resumes.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about what it’s like to make unforgettable memories for our Guests! Candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to the event, however computers will be available at the event to complete applications.
Full-time roles may include:
- Full Time Chef Assistant (Lead Line Cook)
- Full Time Chef Assistant Pastry/Bakery (Lead Baker)
- Full Time Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)
- Full Time Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced Baker)
Starting pay for select hourly roles has increased, and with our new program, Disney Aspire, eligible hourly cast members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions.
Culinary roles receive a starting rate of $15.00 to $17.00/hour
Culinary roles will be eligible for our new starting rates of $16.00 to $18.00/hour effective 03/03/2019
When: Monday, January 28, 2019 from 10:00am – 2:00pm
Where: ESPN Wide World of Sports– ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill
800 S. Victory Way
Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Parking: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex parking is complimentary for all Guests
*To assist with networking opportunities please bring resumes.*
The Walt Disney World® Resort is searching for a talented Cooks who’s looking to push themselves to the next level in their career with our advanced culinary team.
Picture yourself where you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property from quick service to fine dining
- Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment where collaboration is essential to success
Recipe for Success
- Show strong attention-to-detail, organizational, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
- Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Have a minimum 3 years of line cook experience or culinary certification plus 2 years of line cook experience at a table service establishment - Fine Dining experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Preferred Qualifications:
How to Rise Above the Rest
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
- Additional Information:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Advanced Line Cook, Culinary, Cook