Internship - Human Resources - Universal Creative (Summer 2019)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY:Assists the Universal Creative Human Resources team with various tasks that will be assigned by Universal Creative HR team.
- Assist with the UC Internship Program (program administration and development).
- Work with HR team to enhance Team Member experience within Universal Creative (site visits, events, birthday gift distribution, etc.)
- Partner HR Coordinators to administer 45 day follow ups and intern touch bases
- Assist with record keeping and additional clerical responsibilities
- Assist with various projects that will be determined by HR team
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above. Human Resources Management degree strongly preferred.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred coursework: Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Self motivated and detail orientated
- Working towards to an HR degree
- Prior HR experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to write and understand standard operating procedures
- Effectively present information and respond to general questions
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer internships are approximately from May 2019 through August 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE