Internship - Facility Design- Universal Creative - (Summer 2019)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: To assist in the design and documentation on a variety of facilities within a project, in collaboration with the design development team, providing sketches and solutions to design details and documentation of the project at hand.
- Complete architectural drawings in AutoCAD to support the assigned creative project
- Provide assistance in the study and analysis of all park, facility, and attraction master planning efforts across each site
- Provide electronic 3D modeling services in SketchUp or other formats that accurately and clearly depict the architectural design intent
- Assist in the development of aesthetic design, color boards, sketching, and drafting needed to convey the design intent to outside Architectural and Engineering firms
- Render master plans and concept sketches as needed (both hand and digital)
- Utilize and maintain schedule and document management to track and report project performance
- Ensure construction work complies with all architectural and engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design documents
- Review and interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specification for contractors and subcontractors
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health, and Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture, Design, Theme Park Design, Civil Engineering, or Engineering
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Suite, SketchUp, and hand sketching.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in BlueBeam preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
If applicable, please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer internships start in May 2019 and finish in August 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE