Manager, Media Measurement & Optimization
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Lead the development of actionable knowledge-driven insights and analyses with a focus on marketing optimization and the guest journey within campaigns, products and events. Leverage findings from top down marketing mix modeling results, bottom up attribution models and consumer and marketing insights to provide strategic recommendations to key business stakeholder. Guide the long range, annual and seasonal marketing strategies to support the guest experience of Universal Orlando. Partner with key stakeholders to drive necessary insights derived from business goals.
- Manage the Omni-channel Strategy & Analytics team by generating actionable knowledge-driven insights and analyses with a focus on marketing optimization within paid, owned and earned media and key business areas for point of origin, campaigns, destinations, attractions and events.
- Manage and become the power user of the Omni-channel measurement platform which consists of top down marketing mix modeling and bottom up attribution.
- Leverage top down marketing mix modeling results, bottom up attribution and consumer and marketing insights in order to provide strategic recommendations.
- Advocate and develop learnings and strategies to support optimization, testing, personalization, segmentation and enhanced targeting across channels.
- Develop tracking and measurement plans with recommendations for performance management.
- Analyze performance and impact of Omni-channel marketing initiatives on both online and offline customer behavior.
STRATEGY & INTEGRATION
- Guide the long range, annual and seasonal marketing strategies to support the Omni-channel guest experience of Universal Orlando.
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive necessary marketing insights and strategies in support of the business goals.
- Work across departments to proactively identify best practice solutions to solve complex marketing challenges.
- Assure alignment of the marketing insights and recommendations with the overall strategic plan for the business.
- Identify gaps in processes and act as a catalyst for problem solving and process creation, improvement and implementation.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT & MENTORING
- Mentor direct reports on a weekly basis to guide them on performance and personal and career growth.
- Conduct weekly 1-on-1 status meetings with direct reports.
Conduct monthly / quarterly / annual planning with team to ensure team objectives align and support broader business objectives.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Key influencer of Sales and Marketing functions and peers throughout the organization re: Omni-Channel Strategy and its application throughout all sales and marketing initiatives.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required. MBA strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE: 6+ years of analytic, digital and integrated marketing experience combined with management consulting or cross-channel analytics framework development preferably in support of marketing and sales functions in the consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading analytics projects with significant and far-ranging impact on the marketing performance of the business in both the short- and long-term.
- Demonstrated cross-functional expertise with marketing mix models, media measurement & attribution, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage marketing insights and findings to provide strategic marketing recommendations for long term planning and more tactical media optimization projects.
- Demonstrated success leading inter-departmental analytics projects, successfully leveraging cross-functional relationships with marketing channels.
- Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Expertise in understanding marketing integration between CRM, Direct, Social Media, Search, Paid Media and Ecommerce.
- Passion for entertainment industry and guest experience optimization.
- Strong organizational and analytical/problem solving skills.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably with a top-tier consulting or professional services firm.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial:
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Marketing Mix Models (power user), attribution, forecasting, and market testing
- Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Marketing Analytics / Adobe Analytics
- Business Intelligence Reporting
- CRM Execution
- Consumer Research and Journey
- Consumer Data
- Management Consulting
- Competitive Analysis
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE